Thursday, 29 March 2012

Who is at your side?

When I think back to who is at my side today my faith comes to mind; no matter what happens I will always have faith; and that means different things to different people. My wife is at my side today and will walk with me and if I ever get stuck she is there to help me move. My kids are at my side they help me and I help them, my pets are at my side when I walk them, or when they take a nap with me.



When I back up in my mind to my grade three class who was at my side was my tutor she helped me read as she sat at my side and helped, she sat at my side when I got sad or mad, she sat at my side when I got it right. The fun part was spelling with the alphabets cereal and when I spelled a word right I got to eat the word, I would have a whole bowl by now with all the word I have just wrote!

When I think of my grade eight tutor who drove an hour and a half to sit with me to help me with my math she sat at my side. Numbers were as hard to understand as words but she helped me to understand them better.



We have so many people at our side who have help or shaped our lives, have literacy at your side read to a friend, read to an elder, make someone simile, make someone happy, be at someone’s side today you may shape their life somehow just by being at there side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.